The Silence Has Been Way Too Long

I'm not dead, I'm just sleepy!

Or something.

As a matter of fact I've been pretty preoccupied lately. The last couple of weeks in New York were super busy. I think I counted that I slept for 4 hours per night in between shoots, school, Mom and A visiting, rehearsals, readings and performances. It was hectic and I didn't have too much time over for my visitors, but I had a blast. And it was SOOO worth it.

I graduated on the 12th of May and spent the last couple of days shooting and getting everything together. I left New York on the 17th of May to spend almost 2 months back home. And now, that time is almost up!

I had barely landed and when I got driven straight off to Grandma who have been doing a little so and so over the past couple of months. But she lighted up as soon as she saw me which was a delight and a relief. I spent a little less than a week at Mom's place in Uppsala before I headed home, home to my home, Östersund. I had been promised by J that I could crash at his place for the remainder of my stay - which was an offer I more than gladly accepted. We get along great and his apartment's not too far from the city center. A month went by so quickly in Östersund and I got to meet almost everyone I wanted to meet, save a couple of people.

From Östersund I headed for a short stay at Mom's before going to R's birthday in Stockholm. We had a great time and I could tell that she was happy to be home with her boyfriend in her beautiful apartment. We celebrated her birthday in style and went to O'learys to watch the Eurocup when she and her best friend F went to drink champagne. Me and her boyfriend managed to bond quite well where we sat with a bunch of random people. From there I went all the way down to Kalmar to meet R&L and R. We spent a total of a litle over 3 days with each other with excursions, parties and a lot of good talks over good food. The way life's supposed to be, you know what I'm saying?

From Kalmar I then went to Linköping to meet up with J&L and O - but I managed to convince R to tag along with me - which was awesome! We had a little crew going, with a lot of DJ-ing, Magic-playing and beer drinking. Great talks, good parties - excellent food and some really, really lovely days. I really like Linköping as a city, it's beautifully situated and planned and the university and the planning of the campus is great in my opinion. I can really understand why a lot of people move there for their studies.

Now, I'm back in Uppsala for a couple of days before I depart. I need to wash up, re-pack, re-calibrate, send massive amounts of emails and finish up some paperwork. I think I got it all down before I depart Thursday morning.

Today we're having a huge dinner party with A's entire - and extended - family. We're a total of 9 people who are going to cram ourselves into Mom's small place. It's going to be amazing and we've prepared an awesome menu. I'm doing starters, soup and toast, and salad, arugula and apricot, and half the main course, saffron rice, Mom's doing the other half, oven baked citrus chicken, and we stole the recipe for dessert, fresh berries, vanilla cream and white chocolate. Needless to say, I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Almost 2 months in Sweden has literally just flown by - and now it's time to fly out. New York for a month and a half - and then Los Angeles. Speaking of New York - exciting news! Now old, but nonetheless unpublished here at the blog!

The film "Death By Scrabble" has been accepted into the New York City International Film Festival - and I couldn't be more excited! The dream is coming true, the words of the school administrator who, a little over a year ago, told me to apply because he believed we would see something from me in less than a year - are coming true. This is a small, yet big step, and a reminder that I can do anything I set my mind to.

Enough for now and I promise I'll get better with updates.


Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

  1. Nu har mormor sett filmerna här på bloggen:
    "Så långt jag kunde se var de ju jättebra! Det var bara svårt att höra, svårt få någon uppfattning vad ni talade om. Mor tolkade det hon hörde.. Kul i alla fall, vi väntar på en fortsättning!
    KRAM från mormor!"

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)