Reality Check

Another long run without blogging, it's weird. Sometimes it comes and it goes and sometimes thoughts never stop pouring in and I feel like I have to write about everything. I don't know, I guess I need it now - I need the blog to sort of vent some stuff sometimes. Right? That's what why we write diaries, that's why we talk to people - that's why.

So what's up since last?

Well, first of all, I've made the big move cross-country to LA. The big LaLaland, where everything is bigger, badder and it's more more more. Lights are bigger, highways broader, portions larger and opportunities more. New York is good, and it's really up and coming, but I wanted to give LA a try because lets face it, Hollywood is huge.

How have things been going so far? Well, really good actually. Especially considering the amount of work I've put in. I couldn't have gotten off to a better start. I started searching for castings and auditions the day after I touched down - without owning or renting or having access to a car. I just figured, the sooner I started, the easier it would be for me to create a pattern where I applied for a million things daily. And I have! It's crazy how many jobs I have applied to honestly, it's like walking around in Vancouver all over handing out resumes, but here I do it online instead. I'm on like - 5 major casting sites, which I browse through, or try to keep myself up to date with daily. Some days you don't, so you have to catch up.

I've had a bunch of auditions where I would say 75% of them have been going great. I've had a great connection with the auditor and things have just been going my way. And for the other 25%, I've tanked - miserably. Haha, well not really miserably, but I've walked out with a sense of knowing that I didn't get it. You really develop that sense sometimes.

So what have I booked so far? Well, I worked on sound for an indie feature, got into a theater company in North Hollywood after a mere week here, booked a lead in a Halloween showcase, didn't book the lead for a short - but they called me back and this weekend I've been working as a heavily featured background actor. I've booked a lead in a documentary which will provide me with 200 hours of free Yoga training, up until instructor level.

I'm shooting new head shots on Wednesday, made really cool friends and valuable connections and have friends who are doing amazingly well. I'm off to a great start honestly and professionally I couldn't be happier.

But sometimes "professionally" isn't enough.

Friday was a major reality check when my uncle got hit by a car in an accident. He was out walking his two dogs when the car flung him away. Their two beloved dogs died right away and my uncle's currently undergoing multiple surgeries due to fractures in arms and possibly his skull. They're keeping him on the ICU, sleeping, under surveillance 24/7. His family - my cousins and their mother (I call her aunt too), my Mother and my other aunt and grandmother can't visit him yet due to the risk of infections in his fragile state.

I'm so happy the accident wasn't fatal. I'm with his family - my family - in thought and in spirit since I can't be there in person. I hope for his quick betterment and that he doesn't get long lasting side and/or after effects.

All my love, truly. Get better soon uncle. <3

Kommentarer

  1. Usch vad hemskt, hoppas han blir bättre snart! Kram på dig!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)