LaLaLand updates!

Wow!

This has been ONE inactive writer. I'm sorry guys and gals! I can't say I promise to be better, but I can try. I really want to keep a blog and write about my everyday experiences.

So what's new? Well, what's not new? We're coming up to the middle of December, the end of the year and "the end of the world as we know it" if we are to believe all that the doomsday prophets fling at us. So how am I tackling it?


Can I say with grace? I'm so happy for this past 1,5 years of my life which have literally been the best I've ever lived. I've felt more alive, more at peace and more confident than ever before. I love what I do and I'm amazed over how much the love for my art is actually spilling into my work.

I firmly believe that's one of the major things why I'm enjoying some success out in LaLaLand. I love every minute of it and even though it's tough everyday to apply and apply and apply this is what I was prepared for. I expected hard work, and I expected near no-success during the first year here. It's not that I don't think I'm good, au contraire, but there's so much talent out here that you have to continue fighting - you can't lean back and think that there's someone out there that just might "magically" discover you.

I've done - since moving to LA:

5 shorts, 1 feature, 3 shows, 1 TV-show and 2 commercials. I've taken classes and workshops and done countless auditions and callbacks. I've been trying to turn the negative into positive through changing the way I think, because the only thing we can change is our perception of the world. 

I've had visitors from far and wide and I've made PLENTY of new friends out here. I have the most amazing neighbors and my "Ol' Betsy" (White Volvo V70 from 2001) keeps me rolling all over. I've been fortunate enough to see my friends enjoy success and help those who wheel and wane when things aren't going exactly according to their plan.

This week we're shooting pickups, closeups and macros from last week's shoot of "Extraordinary Monday" where I play the lead Ray opposite my friend Ronja who plays Xandra. It looks amazing and I'm so happy that we got to act together again. I'm also meeting with a producer of a feature that's shooting in Spring where I've been requested to play the lead and doing one callback for a paid short I auditioned for last week.

I'm simply enjoying myself too much to even think about being somewhere else in the world right now.

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)