"LLA-VES"; Work in progress!


In less than a month's time we're premiering "LLA-VES" written by Nerea Lovecchio, my extremly inspirational wife, and produced by her studio Estudio Nerea Lovecchio. Not only am I nervous about the premiere, it's by far one of the most challenging roles that I've ever tackled and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

The play revolves around a family of three and the peculiar situation that they are all in. When odds and ends untie, the plot evolves and when the tension rises, their relationships are tried and tested to the max.

The challenge of this role is something that I've always wanted to tackle and the evolution of this character, before and during the performance is something that I am working intensely on. It's also a great deal of fun accepting the challenge, once again, of acting for adults in a language where I am still not 100%, Spanish. It pushes me even further, both mentally and physically than I ever thought possible to act and react naturally having to eliminate any filter that the language censor inside my head normally puts.

The format of Surge is also an amazing opportunity. That young, mainly unestablished, playwrights get the chance to present their plays and demonstrate their creativity to a wider audience than the small format mom-and-dad-and-the-entire-family-and-friends-invited type of theatre. Not withstanding that family and friends are more than welcome, but this is an impetus for a larger number of people to discover a wider variety of theatre and performing arts.

To be able to share the stage as well with such beasts as Pury Estalayo and Daniel Lovecchio is such a pleasure and honor. To watch them and see the process of development of their work is truly inspiring and pushes me as a performer to constantly want to do better.

I can't wait to bring it to life for all of you and to share more of this process further on!

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)