Thoughts In Passing

After a long day of rehearsing and preparing yesterday, me and my classmates all exploded, melted down and went abusive in a room. Because frankly, that's what the Meisner-technique really helps you do. It gets you so much more in contact with your emotions that you're just able to take anything and everything personally. You open up and you're able not only to act more fully, but to live more fully.

We all got great compliments afterwards from the people that came and watched us. But also one of the greatest compliments was that people had to leave halfway through, shaking their heads. They can't handle it, that means we've touched upon something so human. Some people cried, some people were completely chocked and some people looked pale. It's not easy when it comes to real emotion, it's not! It's much easier to switch off than it is to be open and honest with what you, and others feel, isn't it?

I'm currently trying the hardest I can not to switch off. I always do that when I know I'm about to leave people, and let's face it, it's getting more and more real and nearer every day. I apologize to all my friends from the past (and the now) for my stupid, STUPID defense mechanism, but I guess it's part of who I am. Just honestly don't take it personal, it means that I care about you so much that I don't want to see you, or me, get hurt because of how much love I feel for you. My grandmother has always said: "You only hurt the ones you love" and I've always that was stupid, but I am starting to see her reasoning.

Now, to face the day with an open heart and mind. For as one of my favorite teachers of all time told us a long time ago: "Actors are athletes of the heart".


Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)