You win some, and then some?

You win some, you lose some. You learn to handle the losses and you learn to really accept that you sometimes actually deserve to win. One is easier than the other, guess which?

I just had an audition for a British/Spanish miniseries and I am grateful for having done it, for having been called in and for having truly worked as hard as I have to accomplish doing it. Even though I'm fairly certain that the audition and the part is off to someone else, I did my best to keep my nerves in check and put my head down. But my selfconsciousness probably shone through the empty facade that was my terrified face.

So why be grateful? Well first of all, it's about the fourth actual major fictional audtion that I've done here in Spain which in itself is pretty amazing, but it's also one of the auditions that I've prepped the most.

Let's face it, I know myself and my craft fairly well, and I have this tendency to get lazy while preparing, I know I do, so to actually put your energy into working and prepping felt really good no matter the outcome. I know I get lazy because things usually work out, and that's an extremely irritating quality for everyone around, but I need to push myself into making stronger choices and investigate, investigate and investigate..

So, what's your prep? How do you walk into a room and absolutely make the strongest choice? How can you push yourself - or better yet, how can I push myself? I gotta figure that one out.



Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)