Long Time No See

Wow! I have no excuse, no apologies to make. I've been downright lazy over the past few weeks when it comes to writing here.. Well, lazy one week and without internet another! I tried, the week leading up to Christmas, to live without internet - in all ways.



No looking up restaurants or bars or other info, no checking how to get from this to that - no emails, no nothing.. It was a struggle, I must admit. I really didn't think we were that addicted - but we clearly are, at least I am. The first impulse in the morning, every morning, was to reach for my computer which I know I keep under my bed, and check my email. Not to get up, out of bed, to go pee or eat. That's pretty scary. "Have I been wanted yet?" "What happens if someone tried to contact me and I didn't reply straight away?" - nothing really is that important, if it is, they would have called you.

I survived anyway and I did with grace - not really. It was an enormous relief to get back online for some reason. Information-meth, that's how I see it. What I've learnt though is that I now see that total abstinence is unnecessary, because we are so dependent on technology these days, but restrictions need to be enforced in order for us not to be totally absolved within the world wide web.

Other than that, I've been on Christmas break now for a week and a half and have another good week to go. It's been great but also quite lonely sometimes - I've missed my classmates! A special bond has been formed throughout this autumn, we've seen each other in all different kinds of emotional stages so that sometimes it feels like I've shared more of myself here than I have back home. No wonder if you think of it really, I've discovered more of myself here than I ever have back home.

On my break though, I've spent my days reading and writing trying to stimulate my intellect a little. I've been catching up to movies, series and music. I've been eating good food, drinking good wines, beers and whiskey, I've hung out with a few of those that have still been in New York and I've been playing computer games. And I've been rehearsing - we have a lot to memorize and perfect by the start next week.

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

  1. Hm, that's true, we are letting ourselves being so dependent.. I sure am, especially after buying the iPhone. Such a clever little thing, letting me do so many things not needing even the laptop.. and always in my pocket!! Great toy..

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)