Champagne and Sobreity

So, after New Year's eve, I made a promise to myself to not drink for an entire month because of a couple of reasons. I needed a break from alcohol, I needed a goal and I needed to prove to myself that I could actually fulfill something that I set out to do.

And I've made it..! I've turned down so many drinks - even from director's who wanted me to drink for real because the shot would look more realistic if I was. I've ordered coke or some other soda when we have been to bars and I've never even cheated.

So to celebrate, we decided to have champagne at midnight on January 31st - me, Jonna and Christian, who are in town for a week. And....drum roll.... for the first time in many years when I've been out with friends, I could put the lid on, meaning, I didn't feel the need to get absolutely stupid - and I love it.

Lesson learned, kilos dropped (around 3-4kg in a month, just from quitting alcohol completely) and I feel much better and more comfortable around alcohol right now. I pat myself on the shoulder today, not only because I'm not hungover but because I think I now know how to be more mature around drinks.

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

  1. Good for you! Jag kör också på vit månad, min tar slut på söndag och jag måste hålla med om att det känns gött!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Stolt och lycklig för Din skull!
    Bravo!!!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)