Home. Where's home?

Feeling at home. Feeling at ease. Where is the place where you relax and feel most comfortable?

I've been able to put "my tent pole" down in various countries, different continents and in a multitude of cities. And I've left a little piece of my heart in every single place. The memories one create, the connections and habits that form part of your every day life in a new place also form part of who you are as a person. Isn't it strange and beautiful at the same time that one can travel and far away from what is known from the beginning, and still feel so at home?

My longer travels abroad from Sweden started at the age of 17 when I went to live a whole scholarly year in France, then when I was 20 I moved to London for a period of 6 months. After that, I spent 9-10 months in Vancouver and later a whole year in New York and 2 in Los Angeles.

And now I've completed my first year in Madrid, Spain. I arrived one week and a year ago. Incredible.

I still carry things from all of the places, and every part of where I've been has helped me discover who I am. I'm not saying that they formed me, because I already had quite an idea of who I already was, but they chiseled away pieces to help me discover and cultivate who I already was.

Time flies, so spread your wings and take control.

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)