Party Weekend & A New Year

It's 2012 already? Jeeez, time flies when you're having fun? Isn't that so? Well, 2011 might be over, but the memories from that year will echo for a very long time. I had a great run and I celebrated the end of it with a bang, a major bang.



I was about to go out for dinner on Saturday-night when I realized it would be completely impossible to get a room anywhere, besides maybe some fastfood-joint and I didn't really want double cheeseburgers for dinner on a night like that. So I went out and did some shopping and what a great meal it turned into!

For starters:
Gravlax on canapées with a sourcream, nutmeg, ginger and lemon-sauce.

For entrée:
Bowmore-flambéed, lemon-marinated Filet Mignon served perfectly medium-rare with a 5-herb, Irish cheddar potatocake. With a side of avocado-salad.

For dessert:
Just a classic Baileys on the rocks since I was too stuffed to eat anything more.

I then headed out to a bar to meet up with a few friends I hadn't seen "in a long time" (before they left for Christmas, but it feels like forever for some reason). Had a few drinks and a good laugh with them. Met up with more friends and headed over to a crazy party downtown. It turned comical when the host, dressed in a kilt, decided to frontflip into the couch. Let me just say, it can't have been only my memory that was a little flangy on Sunday. We celebrated the strike of midnight there and then we headed out to find another party. That, unfortunately never happened so we closed the night at like 3. I got home at 5:15. Great night, some really great memories and a helluva hangover on Sunday. I must say, it actually topped my expectation of New Years... First. Year. Ever. probably.

Now, two thirds are living in the apartment and we're awaiting the return of our third room-mate, probably tomorrow. So no more running around butt naked shouting monologues, no more blasting semi-loud music in the living room at 3am and no more "taking-however-long-I-want" in the bathroom. Well well, it was fun while it lasted, haha!

What's on the schedule for this week? I got 4 days of class and managed to score two lead-roles in student films. I got an apartment viewing on Wednesday and an interview with a newspaper on Friday. It's gonna be a fun first week!

All the best wishes now for 2012 and I hope you really enjoyed celebrating it's birth. A joyous, prosperous, HAPPY new year to all!

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)