22/10 - Autumn Tactics

Sitting here, eating my breakfast and doing nothing special really.

Had quite a week, yesterweek so I'm still quite sucking on the joy-caramel from then.

Monday, nothing special, talked to Julia more than half an hour, and I must say, those calls are a small refuge, we have so much fun! Thanks! I also went around on all the schools (2) to talk to every highly positioned person in order to get the permission to stay out at nights during the Jazz-festival. I finally got permission to stay out until 0:00 EVERYDAY that I would like as long as I told in advance.

Tuesday, met up with Ethel who wasn't feeling very good. We walked around and ended up at a café, talking away hours and hours. I think we drank one cup of coffee (read: brown-colored water with a hint of besque) during the whole 5 or 6 hours we sat there. We talked about life, about france, about the universe, well, pretty much about everything really. I believe she felt a little better when we parted somewhere around 21:00.

I then decided to go for a Kebab since I had skipped dinner in school, in order to talk to her and maybe go to the Jazz-festival. As I brought it back to the Internat, I realized my mistake. EVERYONE wanted to taste and eat my French Fries. So of course I gave around, ended up with 3 or 4 of my own. . .

Wednesday, ordinary day in school but unordinary in any other way. Me and Ethel decided that we should go and see Caroline, a friend of Ethel who lived around 100 km north of Clermont.

As we sat there waiting Ethel after a while spotted Caroline's host sister who we knew was coming for her weekly health control. She greeted us with the message that Caroline was "Chez elle".. What do you mean we asked? "Chez elle, en Suède?" "Chez elle"

Turns out she had left France for about 1 week ago WITHOUT saying anything to anyone. The day kind of went of from 100 to nothing in just a few moments.Well, me and Ethel went to the Jardin du Coq and sat talking the day away again. It's so nice to have a friend who speaks Swedish here, who understands and who listens. I also bought a new pair of shoes since the others were starting to give in. Went to school to eat and then headed for the Jazzfestival all alone since no-one could accompany me.

WHAT A F*CKING EVENING!! Marvellous Jazz the entire evening! Carla Cook Quartet first started off with a marvellous concert with traditional big-band-jazz mixed with Duke Ellington and Miles Davis. Then came the French pianist (Jacky Terrasson) and the French clarinist (name coming) who joined forces in the name of more contemporary Jazz, and let me tell you.. I've never seen a more brilliant pianist. The guy was litterarly a miracle. Gawsh, he left me awed to say the least. In bed around 23:40. 16 euro for an entire evening - yesh pleashe! Wasn't that expensive considering the experience.

Thursday. Nothing special, was awefully tired all the day and having to explain it every five minutes made me even more tired. No Jazz for me that night - didn't really feel like it, really.

Friday. Got invited for lunch at Delphine's place together with her and Marion so I decided to tag along. Learned many a disturbing things during that lunch.

Went to the Jazzfestival with Marion and Ethel that night to finally watch the band I wanted to watch the entire week: Mingus Dynasty - A tribute to Charlie Mingus.

First act was Robert Glasper Trio who played a mix between HipHop, contemporary jazz, traditional jazz and Miles Davis. Someone to definitely look into later on.

Unfortunately was the Mingus Dynasty something of the most horrible thing I've ever seen. Well okay, some songs were quite tightly played, but otherwise.. Sheesh.. They gave a messy and an unfriendly impression. I believe they were quite fed up with the music they were playing, or something was terribely wrong anyway. Got a ride to the Lycée with Marion and her mother who Marion named a sausage after I'd written "Din mamma är en Korv" in her notebook.

Saturday. Oh how I didn't want to wake, oh how I wanted to lay in bed and sense the smell of my pillow, and badly I wanted to shoot mister "McFly" for his stupid "RixFM MorgonZoo"-show - in french. Well, I could do neither, so I grabbed my bags and went for breakfast.

After 2 hours of philosophy I talked to Pauline who was worried about Mickaël, and I can definitely imagine way. I think he has either bulemia or anorexia. In either way, it's a tragedy, and I have no idea how I could help him really. Bah! Le monde est injust!

I got on a bus home to my family about one hour earlier than regular hoping it would not disturb any plans. We ate pretty soon and I said I was going out during the evening, for "repas de classe"-class dinner.

Not much happend during the time between eating and eating so when we arrived at the restaurant we were all lead down to the basement where we would dine, the 16 or 18 of us.

We all ordered from perhaps the most grumpy and unfriendly servitor ever but after we got our food everything passed pretty good. I drank a half-bottle of the red wine that I had ordered, and started feeling a little "lighter" so to speak, so I decided to go easy. After finishing my pizza, a part of Delphines ravioli, Ceciles pizza, Isabells pizza and almost Sofianes pizza too the servitor decided to take my plate away with the mumbling words " you know you don't have to finish".. What a way...

We all went out afterwards and I must say French people + Alcohol = a lot of laughters and possible embarrasing situations.

We ended the soirée at approx. 0:30 when Delphine was kind enough to drive me home.

Sunday. Slackerday! Didn't to much, well, okay.. I translated all my notes in philosophy and worked a lot of grammar, but other than that pffs. I spent the day on MSN talking to many of my closest and later went for the regular walk around Boissejours with Ethel.

Now it's another monday gone by and I have stayed here for almost 8 weeks.
8 WHOLE weeks.. Geesh, where has time flown?

Loads of love!

Bisous from the library!

Fredrik

Kommentarer

  1. Skönt att du också uppskattar våra telefonsamtal trots att jag knappt låter dig få en syl i vädret ibland;P

    SvaraRadera
  2. @tjoffex: Det är alltid kul att tala vettu :) Det kanske inte blir sâ mycket, men jag uppskattar att lyssna ocksâ :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Det är alltid kul att tala vettu :) Det kanske inte blir sâ mycket, men jag uppskattar att lyssna ocksâ :)

    oui oui oui j'ai tout compris!!!
    ça coule de source ma poule!
    on pourrait pas parler en vieux françois non plus? hein?
    Jäg snar i suede non plus? :p
    binoux

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)