2/3 - I'm in love with your Brother

What kind of country am I living in might you ask?


Basic facts:
Full name: French Republic/Republique Française
Capital: Paris
Population: 62,752,136
Official Language: French
Currency: Euro - as of 1999 (before: the French Franc)
President: Jacques Chirac (since 1995)
National Holiday: 14th of July (since 1790
Indepence: 486 a.c.
Colonies/Out-of-metropolitan departments: 4

Unofficial facts:

Horrifying examples:
  • Which other country in the world do you know have roundabouts with redlights..?
  • Where else can you get so much pills for nothing? Yeaah, I'm getting pills for a regular cold..
  • How about 20-25 working computers for more than 1000 students to use?
  • If you compare a 7th graders knowledge in English in Sweden with a Term-students knowledge in France - the 7th grader'll surely win within terms of basic knowledge.
  • French fries are considered as a vegetable.
  • French men - I'm sorry but it's true.
Positive examples:
  • As soon as you try to speak French, everybody will be very helpful and try to make sure you understand. Where else but in France would you be recieved with such hospitality and so many open arms?
  • You could talk with anyone - anytime without being considered a total nutcase.
  • How much electronic music isn't there everywhere? It's awesome to see to what extent the EDM-scene has spread in France..!
  • A part from English - most of the French are very good with German, Italian, Russian or Spanish.
  • French schoollunches include Ratatouille, Springrolls, Sushi, Homemade Lasagne, Boeuf Bourginion etc. etc.
  • French Women - yes, I said it - they're beautiful.

So am I happy where I am? Am I regretting spending a year abroad? There are hard times, it's true, and there are even harder times still - but less than a year from now I'll be absolutely sure that this is one of the greatest decisions I've ever taken. Bloody hell, I'm happy as I'm speaking right now..! The hard times make me grow - and isn't that why I'm here?

I've been reasoning that if I actually had the courage to get my ass on the plane TWICE to go to France - I could sure rest just a little longer. Linger, just for another three-four months. I've got friends in both ends who are helping me everyday so who am I to complain? I'm loved, I'm 'free', I'm becoming an adult and hopefully, soon enough, I'll be starting to find myself.
"Var sak har sin tid", right?

Photoexplications up later!

Loads of love from the library - just before running of to German!

Bisous

Fredrik

Kommentarer

  1. French men - I'm sorry but it's true.

    T'as un problème avec les français ?? Tu reviens sur Grenoble et on en parle si tu veux... ;)

    SvaraRadera
  2. PAS LES FRENCH MEN JE PROTESTE IL Y EN A DES BIENS (moi par exemple)

    & I speak english well you know (maybe cuz I'm a wonderful guy) et je suis pas sioupère d'accord avec le russe, parce que bon, le russe...


    Mais euh sinon tu as oublié l'intolérance et l'immaturité ambiante, et l'absence de liberté de la presse, la manipulation de la population tout ça...

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)