Weekly Update


It's not been an especially busy week, I've just been lazy for some reason or uninspired to write something, even though I've been thinking about it all week! So here comes a little run-down what I've been up to.


This week has, as I said been moving quite slowly. We had three classes Monday, including, two classes Tuesday 1 class each on Thursday and Saturday respectively. Off - Wednesday, Friday and today, Sunday. So I've had a lot of free time to basically do nothing at all. Well that's not really true, I've been more social this week than I've been anything else.

Monday: We eased in to the week with Voice & Movement, a class that I think we should have at least 4 times a week, since that improves the instrument we're working with - ourselves. It strengthens our bodies, improves our voices and increases our spatial and bodily awareness. All very powerful tools when it comes to acting. We followed that class with Meisner and Acting Technique and called it a day at five. I was thinking about going to an audition, but I was way too tired and hungry to wait around another three hours to go in.

Tuesday: Another easy but fun day, with Performance Analysis, which basically means, watching classic movies and performances to better understand where our art form is coming from, followed by Acting for Film where we helped out on the set of our class-scenes. I'll upload my first one here soon! In the evening I hung out with my roommate and shared a bottle of wine. Now this is a man who never drinks who came knocking at my door and wondered if I wanted to join him - what other answer than of course! I went down to the student-dorms at night and hung out with a bunch of people.


Wednesday: Half a bottle of wine turned in to something more and half of my Wednesday was destroyed. I went for a long walk in the rain though, three hours or so in moderate to heavy rain. I might be weird, but I really love walking in the rain. Met up with a bunch of people to go to a movie later that night. We saw "Immortals" which was a good, stylistic, ultra-violent and scenic movie. Same producers as "300" so you get where it's going. Chilled out afterwards, watching TV and playing pool.

Thursday: Improv and done - sounds easy enough right? It was! We learned about status, power and how to utilize it in scenes and in improv. In the evening we went and saw a Broadway show that the school had gotten complimentary tickets to. It wasn't really my thing and anyhow, I was way too tired to appreciate anything but their talent. Quite sadly, I fell asleep at least five times during the first act. They really picked it up for the second part and there were moments in there I really enjoyed. Let me just put it like this, I would have felt cheated if I had paid.

Friday: Studied and read, helped a classmate prepare for a huge audition and went out for drinks with another friend afterwards. Slow-paced and lovely day.

Saturday: Meisner - who turned in to a cryfest again and then lunch with the friend who missed class to go to her audition. We found this really cool place in SoHo simply called "Bread". Really good food! We went on a little shopping-spree and I spent 111$ on CDs... I now got REALLY good NEW music! Wooop! In the evening, certain people were invited to a preview screening of Martin Scorceses new movie Hugo. It looked really childish at first, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's really a movie celebrating the pioneers of cinema - but at the same time, it has like 4 other subplots. Kids AND adults will enjoy it!
Today: I'm jumping on Skype shortly and afterwards I get to see another Broadway-show. I'm really lucky to get invited to all these things this week. I've been grossing out in culture and entertainment and I love it! After the Broadway-show it's time for our weekly meal and I believe it's Toby's turn to cook up something delicious. I heard rumors about the dawning of a shepherds pie...! "The one who lives will see" - as the expression goes, haha!
Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

  1. Haha, sounds like a really social and nice week! Needed once in a while.. :)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)