Audition Diary: 2x "Untitled Sci-Fi Feature" & (MFA-thesis) - 6/9/2013

1st:
Date: 6/9/2013
What: "Untitled Feature Film" for the role of Robert
Where: CAZT-studios
Who: Derek & Jeffery

What felt good:
I had read the sides outside and was really excited. The story was well-written with lots of depth and humanity. Nuanced, believable characters in surreal situations - so I was excited even before I walked into the room. I had made strong choices within the script and found all of my 12 guideposts (thanks "Audition" by Michael Shurtleff) - and felt confident about my delivery. Comedic timing was good, the love was there and I had a great connection to both my reader and the writer of the script. I actually got extra brownie points when I said that I thought the script was well written, which really wasn't intended, it was my honest opinion. They liked me for the part and gave me so many compliments on my read that they wanted me to come back and read for another part, "Eric", later, if there was time. I had another audition in between that I had to drive halfway across town for, but I told them I'd be back.

What could improve:
Nervousness outside of the room. I'm a strong actor, I'm a great actor and I know my craft - I have no need to be stressed or nervous. But that energy is still with me.

2nd:
Date: 6/9/2013
What: (NYFA MFA-thesis) (Forgot the title)
Where: NYFA Burbank
Who: Koray

What felt good:
As this was a script about a guy that suffered from social anxiety disorder I felt good about the choices I made to portray this difficult disability ('cause let's face it, it's not easy to function like that in the normal world). I made it in on time and felt like I had great energy in front of the camera even though a lot of it was playing down, due to the SAD.

What could improve:
Do research to make it an even stronger and more believable disorder. 

3rd:
Date: 6/9/2013
What: "Untitled Feature Film" for the role of Eric
Where: CAZT-studios
Who: Derek & Jeffery

What felt good:
As I didn't have a lot of time in between to prepare and make seriously strong choices about this character, I did what I could with the time I was given. Played him more upbeat and oblivious than the Robert character. Felt good with the comedic timing and the delivery of text. Apparently this was the more difficult part out of the two. And, no nervousness this time!

What could improve:
As I couldn't ask for more time to prepare, due to the fact that CAZT actually closed at 5pm, there's not much that I could've done in that period of time. I would've liked A LITTLE more, but I did what I could.


I REALLY WANT EITHER THE ERIC OR ROBERT PART!!

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)