Production Diary - "Poker Face" - Day 3.

What: Poker Face, Short Film. 
When: 3rd day for me, 4th day of production, 6/4/2013

Arrived so early on set I was actually the first one there. It felt a little weird as I was only five minutes before call time. I felt like a thief in the night, because the house we were shooting in was open and only the three dogs were home. It literally felt like I was about to "rob" the place, or that I had mistaken the location address for my 3rd day. But as the backyard was littered with equipment, I knew I was right on my money.

It's a good thing that the dogs had gotten used to me from the two previous days, otherwise I'd have a hell of a problem. Wrestling a Great Dane, a Brindle and a Husky all at once? No thank you!

Five minutes after I had decided to take my spot in the backyard with the dogs the second person showed up, the editor. 10 minutes past our call time everybody pops in at once. It wasn't a big thing, it wasn't supposed to be a long day anyway.

Since we were just shooting single shots - like a background story for all of our characters - things were supposed to move fast. Mine was actually scheduled to be first, but due to one other actor's schedule, he had to do his first. No complaints, more time for on set breakfast and quite possibly some nap time. We joked around in the back, me, the makeup artists and the other actors as the crew and our fourth actor set up for his dolly-background-story-shot. They did a couple of takes and he was out of there by like 10.15. The second shot took much longer and required a stunt coordinator and major makeup, so what should've not taken more than maybe 1,5 hours ended up taking almost 3 due to lack of communication and decision making. Right before we were supposed to break for lunch (which was delicious chicken kabobs over rice) we set up for mine and Zach's shot which we knocked out in two takes. That's how you do the Martini, bitches!

Besides being a really slow morning, once we had set up for our scene, we were moving fast. Zach had to run to General Hospital to audition for an Under-5, and gave me the contact info to his contact Gwen Hillier who's always cast the show. Time to send her an email and start working on General Hospital! SOAPS HERE I COME!

Really looking forward to the end product and the screening of this project which will happen sometime in August/September.

Don't be a stranger! Loves

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

"Äntligen vardag!" - Petter Stordalen

Ögonblicken som stöpt mig. (del 3)